Blake goldring is Chairman and Chief Executive officer of AGF Management Limited. It is a popular independent investment management company which has spread its wings in Canada, United States, Asia and Europe. Blake was held as Chairman in year 2006, as a Chief Executive Officer in year 2000 and as a President in year 1997. He has led to growth of AGF business that today operates over $34 billion in investor’s assets all over the world.
Golden Background of Blake goldring
Blake has honours BA in Economics from university of Toronto and has a Masters of Business Administration from INSEAD from France. He is also member of Toronto Society of Financial Analysts and is a Fellow of Institute of Canadian Bankers. Additionally he has degree of Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA).
He is also a Chairman of Canada Company which is an organization created in year 20076 for bringing community leaders belonging to Canada together in order to support Canadian military and their families in the work done by them at home and worldwide.
CDA institute awarded him with 2014 VIMY Award because of his dedication towards building a strong bridge between Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) and Canadian Society.
In year 2012, Blake goldring was named as Canadian Diversity Champion by Women of influence. It is one of the organizations of North America which is dedicated for awarding professional accomplishments of Senior Executive Women in Canada and United States. Blake has three daughters and lives in Toronto. He feels enjoyment in spending time outdoors and playing golf, tennis and fishing.
Contributions in Profession
Blake is currently works in following business communities-
- Member of Canadian Council of Chief Executives
- Member of IFIC Ad Hoc Strategic Research Committee
- Leadership Council Member of Toronto Financial Services Alliance
- Director of C.D. Howe Institute
- Member of World President Organization (WPO)
Community Services by Blake
Blake is member of several communities and participates in many cases-
- Governor of Toronto Club
- Member of Advisory Board, Lawrence Centre, Lvey School of Business
- Chairperson of Sunnybrook Health Science Centre
- Member of President’s International Alumni Council
- Member of United Way of Greater Toronto
- Director of Canadian Film Centre
- Chairman of Canada Company
Other Awards and Recognitions of Blake
Blake was recognised by his viewers for his contributions and work. Following are the awards-
- Commander’s Commendations-CLS and LFCA in year 2009 and 2011
- University of Toronto’s Arbor Award in year 2009
- B’Nai Brith Award of Merit in year 2011
- VIMY Award Recipient in year 2014
- Honorary Doctor of Laws (Royal Military College of Canada) in year 2008
- Honorary Colonel, Canadian Army in year 2011
- Meritorious Service Medal (Military Division) in year 2009
- Canadian Investment Awards Person of Influence Award in year 2007
Involvement in Past Business and Community
- Past President of National Club.
- Governor of Royal Military College of Canada
- Past chairperson of Bishop’s company
- Past chairperson of INSEAD Alumni Fund
- Past Director of World Wildlife Fund of Canada
- Chairperson of Toronto Prosperity Initiative in year 2011
- Past Chairperson of Board of Trustees in Bishop Strachan School
- Past Vice-Chair and Past Director of Investment Funds Institute of Canada
- Past Honorary Colonel in The Royal Regiment of Canada
- Past Vice Chair of the Toronto Symphony Orchestra